KOTC Community Builder Balanced Bracketing System
KOTC Community Builder
Balanced Bracketing System
This will be instituted for all shooting events.
All 4v4 events will be eligible for PRE REGISTRATION and capped at a pre determined amount of teams. The NOVICE winner will play the ADVANCED winner in this single elimination tournament.
The ADVANCED bracket will be open to all participants upon request.
The goal of the new bracketing system is to
- Allow NOVICE players to start events by playing against others on their level. A NOVICE team is guaranteed at least second place and prize money.
- Allows the overall community events to grow as it allows NOVICE players a more positive experience and confidence building .
- This will mean higher turnouts and bigger payouts.
- Allows ADVANCED players the ability to earn a higher percentage of the winnings based on their ADVANCED bracket status.
The NOVICE player will be defined as
- A participant that has no known positive reputation in the given community either online or offline.
- A player that has been in the community but has not won any recognized event nor has elevated their game to the next level as a solo player or as a team member.
- A local player that shows up to with no knowledge of the sub culture of competitive gaming whom is just starting out.
The ADVANCED player will be defined as
- A participant that has a known positive reputation in the given community either online or offline. Known Youtuber, twitter beast, on a cereal box etc.
- A player that has been in the community has won a recognized event and has elevated their game to the next level as a solo player or as a team member.
- Any team member that wins a KOTC event in a gaming genre will be considered ADVANCED.
- A player that is simply well known and has won before is ADVANCED.
We will build the community by
- Giving the NOVICE player a training ground to gain confidence and get better.
- Allowing the NOVICE players to get better and gain confidence for event retention.
- This will enable the crowds will get bigger that will attract sponsorships and increase payouts
- Allowing the ADVANCED players the opportunity to play comparable teams as they prepare to travel and compete nationally.
How the brackets will work
- All NOVICE teams will be on one side of the bracket and all ADVANCED teams will be on the other side.
- A NOVICE team for 4v4s will be defined as having 3 or more NOVICE players. For 2v2s, there must be 2 NOVICE players to be a NOVICE team.
- An ADVANCED team for 4v4s will be defined as having 2 or more ADVANCED players. For 2v2s, 1 or more ADVANCED player(s) is an ADVANCED team.
- For the overall championship there will be 2 finalists. The ADVANCED bracket champion and the NOVICE bracket champion. They will play each other for the grand championship.
- The payout structure will be 1st place and 2nd place. The percentages will change depending on the winners. A NOVICE team is guaranteed at least 2nd place.
- If the ADVANCED bracket team wins the finals the split will be 80%-20%. If the NOVICE bracket team wins, the final split will be 70%-30%. The advantage of being in the ADVANCED bracket is that there is a 10% payout bonus.
- All of the WINNING TEAMS members of any event are now considered ADVANCED players for the following events.
- The ADVANCED bracket must have at least 4 teams, if less than 4, all go into 1 large bracket.
Future events and Moving Forward
- Players status will be documented online or at the event or both.
- Our first event with the system will be based on past events both KOTC and other recognized organizations.
- An ADVANCED player can play on a NOVICE 4v4 team if they pick up 3 NOVICES.
- This technique can be valuable as it helps the NOVICE players get better and the ………………………
- …………….ADVANCED player may feel that they can carry a team through a perceived EASIER BRACKET and road to the championship.
This will be instituted for all shooting events